
Feeling the usual birthday blues...
I wonder what God thinks
of this thing
we call a 'birthday'
and the hooha we put on it!
I wonder what God thinks
of this thing
we call a 'birthday'
and the hooha we put on it!
When I was younger
nobody ever remembered
my birthday
even my parents!
I can't ever recall
of my parents
ever giving
me a birthday party!
my birthday
even my parents!
I can't ever recall
of my parents
ever giving
me a birthday party!
The other day my friendwas going for a coming of age party
for a friend's daughter
I heard it was going to be grand one
held at a hotel
She was turning 21
My friend had bought some golden jeweleries for her
Because she was a rich man's daughter
so the gift must also befits her!
Wow! I think she will have more befitting gifts
from relatives and friends coming for the party
from relatives and friends coming for the party
what a lucky young lady!
I grew up actually despising this thing call 'birthday'
until I discovered the true meaning of what it meant
to be alive and
given the right to live
by the One who made
me for Himself
from that day my heart
found its healing...

though nobody really remembers
or appreciate
this thing call Runa's birthday
No flowers or gifts or even a cake...
or appreciate
this thing call Runa's birthday
No flowers or gifts or even a cake...

I know my heavenly Father does
and I will celebrate that with Him
for He's the One that gave me life
and He's the One who gave me
the right to live
He gave me right to space in
His huge world
He gave me my being
and its true meaning!
for He's the One that gave me life
and He's the One who gave me
the right to live
He gave me right to space in
His huge world
He gave me my being
and its true meaning!

So, its going to be another quiet
and demure birthday
as usual for the last many years
nevertheless...blessed birthday!
and demure birthday
as usual for the last many years
nevertheless...blessed birthday!

I am loved, I am embraced,
I am accepted
Therefore I am blessed!
Thank You, my heavenly Father
for giving me the
greatest gift of all...
and that is You!
And that is the best ever present
one can have
I am accepted
Therefore I am blessed!
Thank You, my heavenly Father
for giving me the
greatest gift of all...
and that is You!
And that is the best ever present
one can have
for their birthday,
eternal and priceless!
eternal and priceless!


No comments:
Post a Comment